For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
10 5 3 5

How to get historical data through websocket api

Hi,

I know there are a couple of questions related to this but all are posted at least half years ago. With little hope, is the websocket api support historical data now (FX fixings in my case)? If not, how can I get it through python (I don't have enough knowledge to access the data through c++/java), thanks!

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtohistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @lzhuang1

Elektron Websocket API is realtime API, only realtime data.

However, Tick History product offers REST service and REST API access, including, but not limited to, through Python.

To learn more about Tick History product and the best approach for you organization, would be good to contact your Refinitiv account team.

In addition, to get an introductory view of what TRTH access via Python code will look like, you may take a look at TRTH - Programming Without SDK Tutorial

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@zoya.farberov thank you for the information and direction!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.