Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 5 4 7

Force to get_data() function to look for an orgId

Hi,

I am trying to get some info about some companies looking for the orgid code. For that, I am considering the orgid as the instrument. I have some problems when the orgid can be contained in another code, such as the ISIN.

Is there any way to force get_data() function to look for the orgid codes?

orgid                                   17051
companyname          COCA-COLA AMATIL LIMITED
TR.CommonName    AXA Europe Small Cap A C EUR
TR.Orgidcode                              NaN

The first two rows are the info about the company that I want to look for, and the last two rows are the retrieved data.

Thanks in advance,

Miriam

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @miriam.benito

If you want to use OrgID as an input please use syntax as below:

df, err=ek.get_data('17051@orgid', ['TR.RIC','TR.CommonName','TR.OrgidCode']) df
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Really?? Thank you so much!!!!

How this syntax has to be changed to use permid? I mean, permid is 10-digit number, hence, it could be included inside an ISIN string, right?

I don't think you need to worry about ambiguity when using permID as input without any qualifiers. When requesting data from Eikon using get_data method the symbology resolution is looking for the exact match, not an approximate match. ISIN cannot be confused with permID because permID is purely numeric (it's a 64-bit integer) whereas ISIN always starts with two alphabetic characters (alpha-2 ISO 3166-1). But if you'd like to specifically restrict the input to organization permID you can use the input in the form of xxx@organizationid where "xxx" is the organization permID, e.g. for Coca-Cola Amatil Ltd you could use

ek.get_data('4295856928@organizationid', 
            ['TR.RIC','TR.CommonName',
             'TR.OrganizationId','TR.OrgidCode'])

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.