Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
65 3 2 8

Streaming 1 minute bars

Dear Team, I know how to get realtime data with:

realtime.SetupDataSubscription().

Is there a possibility to get realtime 1 minute bars? So, whenever the minute is over, an event gets fired with the last full one minute bar?

If that is possible, could you let me know the API call for that?

Regards

Michael

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apipricingstreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@tt1057
Eikon .NET API can provide streaming 1 minute bars. See Subscription section in this tutorial for an example.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @tt1057

Please let me know what API you are using ?

Eikon Data APIs (in python) does not support realtime subscription.

So I would like to clarify the API you are using.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @tt1057

I saw on another post that you are using Eikon .NET API

You can use Time Series example which can be found here.

Then you can modify the code a bit to only retrieve the last 1 minute OHLC data point.

Please note that Time Series API call is not a streaming data, it is a request and response model.

Once you are familiar with API call.

You can use the data request in a C# trigger on every minute. (Please note that this part is not Eikon .NET API usage topic but rather C# programming topic)

Here is one of example on stackoverflow.

You may find more information on different community regarding C# programming topic.

timeseries.png (73.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
65 3 2 8

thanks for the information, that Eikon does not provide streaming bars.

Would you happen to know, if Elektron offers something like that? Streaming Bars?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @tt1057

T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶P̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶v̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶e̶a̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶a̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶O̶H̶C̶L̶(̶T̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶S̶e̶r̶i̶e̶s̶)̶.̶

T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶P̶I̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶v̶i̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶e̶a̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶a̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶Q̶u̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶a̶.̶

Update my comment:

Sorry for the incorrect information, please see Alex's comment.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.