Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
71 0 1 4

raise EikonError(-1, 'Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.')

Hello,

Could you please help with the following error codes?

I use a PC and Eikon Desktop, logged in and running, however python scrips spit an error.

It started after I downloaded and used API Proxy for Mac on the weekend.

pip install --upgrade --force-reinstall requests

pip install --upgrade --force-reinstall idna

Didn't help.

Error on checking port 9000 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=9000): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/data (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x0000000009A69320>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')) Error on checking port 9000 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=9000): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/data (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x0000000009A69710>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')) Error on checking port 36036 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=36036): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/data (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x0000000009A69C88>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')) Error on handshake port None : Failed to parse: localhost:None Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

raise EikonError(-1, 'Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.') NameError: name 'EikonError' is not defined

Kind regards,

Dmitry

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @dmitry.sarin

Please identify if the Eikon Desktop is running properly and is listening on 9000 port on your PC.

Please try to restart your PC and Eikon Desktop and try any simple API calls again.

Please note that when you log in to Eikon API Proxy on Mac with the same Eikon account, it will log out your Eikon Desktop on PC.

Here is the error when I tried to make API call but my Eikon Desktop is not running.

You can use currports freeware to check if Eikon is listening on port 9000/TCP on your PC.

error.png (35.8 KiB)
cport.png (53.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit, thank you. The desktop was running (data via excel add-in was coming in) but I was still getting the error.

PC restart solved the issue, thanks!

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi,

I am using Windows10 and restarting didn't help. Any suggestions?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

In particular, Port 9000 doesn't appear after running currports. So I guess Eikon is not listening to port 9000/TCP on my PC. What could I do next?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @manuzrp

I can see that you have created a new post at this URL.

Moderator may not be able to see your post if you reply to the old answered forum.

Thanks.

@manuzrp
I suggest you follow the instructions provided in this answer.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.