For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 3 2 7

Submit RIC "/TRI.N" vs "TRI.N"

Following the websocket python example and submitting "/TRI.N", I received a 15-min delayed data, instead of real time pricing data (based on the timestamp of TRDTIM_1). While when I tried to submit just "TRI.N", I got "Permission Denied". Is there something wrong with the way I talk to EDP?

ython3 market_price_edpgw_authentication.py --user <> --password <> --hostname amer-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrdp-apiwebsockets
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Xiao.Xiao

The RIC "/TRI.N" is for delayed data whereas "TRI.N" is for realtime data.

The status message indicates that you are not permissioned for the realtime data - only the delayed data.

Clients often limit their user's access to realtime data as delayed data is cheaper / or free.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
895 3 8 3

It sounds like it, yes. The "/" at the start of a RIC indicates the delayed service which varies per exchange but is generally 15mins delayed. If you take the "/" off the front then it gives you the realtime RIC.

To access the realtime RIC you will need exchange permission so if you dont then it will give you the permissioned denied error message. The delayed realtime RIC is usually accessible for all.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.