question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 3

Does the name of annual reports that I batch downloaded (pdf files) contain the receipt date or filing date?

As an example, I downloaded the annual report of British American Tobacco Plc.

The pdf file has the following name automatically assigned:

British American Tobacco PLC 13-MAR-2017 FullYear 43128263.pdf

Is 13-MAR-2017 the receipt date or the filing date? For most companies, these two dates are identical, but not for all firms. When comparing those, I assume that the date in the pdf file name is the filing date. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance!

eikondataeikon-app-studiobatch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Could you share which Refinitiv product you use or where you downloaded those pdf files from? Alternatively, since it doesn't appear your question is specific to using Refinitiv APIs, which is what these forums are dedicated to, I suggest you direct your question to Refinitiv Helpdesk, which you can reach by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by following the link below.
https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/helpandsupport.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 1 3

Thank you for your answer.

I downloaded the pdfs from Thomson Reuters Eikon Desktop by looking up a company and then selecting the tab 'filings'. Then, I filter by filing type 'fullyear'. Then, I batch downloaded the annual reports.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will contact the helpdesk.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.