question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Can I get average hist. option prices with the Eikon Database?

Hi all,

I have an enquiry concerning historical option data from the Eikon database. I would like to get historical data of option prices. Average European call and put option prices that are at the money (e.g. 0.97-1.03) and close to maturity (for example 10 - 90 days).The data should give a single time series with 1 daily option price per underlying asset (e.g. Options on UKX, DAX and CAC).

I am wondering if there is a function that gives me this specific time series for historical option prices prices.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

AH

datastream-apidsws-apihistoricalderivativeseikon-for-office
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ah18143

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
446 2 2 2

Hi

If you are using Datastream to pull this rather than Eikon API then you can use Datastream continuous series for call and put options: Calculated to provide uninterrupted option model inputs as well as several implied volatility variants including at-the-money, interpolated and weighted volatilities as well as 1, 3 and 6 month constant maturity. Total volume and open interest per option class is available More info available here https://amers1.exempt.proxy.cp.thomsonreuters.com/infobase/content/options/

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.