question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 4

StarterConsumer app that is querying Tradeweb Cusips (RICs)

I have inherited a StarterConsumer app that is querying Tradeweb Cusips (RICs) to get bond prices. This app has been working fine up until 4/30/2019. I have made no changes to the app, but it seems like it is getting different results.

From what I can tell, the app takes in an "itemList" of "RIC Chains", for example - "0#US7YSTRIP,1#US7YSTRIP,2#US7YSTRIP,0#US10YSTRIP"

It seems like the EZD server returns all the Cusips (RICs) in that chain, and then it requests the data for each of those individual RICs.

Does anyone know if that is how the StarterConsumer app works?

Also, do you know if I can add a single Cusip (RIC) to the itemList? I tried it and it didn't return pricing for that RIC, but I might have been doing something wrong.

Basically, I have a Cusip that is not getting updated pricing, and I can't tell why it would have stopped updating.

Thank you for any assistance!

treprfarfa-apichain-ric
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@bthews

Basically, the value in field list was generated by data feed. So it might be some change from the feed. I have tested the Chain RIC 0#US7YSTRIP=TWEB with StarterConsumer_Chain, it looks like the RIC "912833LX6=TWEB" came with Chain RIC "3#US7YSTRIP=TWEB".

2019/06/21 09:51:30.591 TRACE <- Received MMT_MARKET_PRICE Refresh 3#US7YSTRIP=TWEB serviceName : API_ELEKTRON_EDGE_TOKYO symbolName : 3#US7YSTRIP=TWEB streamState : Open dataState : Ok statusCode : None statusText : All is well Chain RIC : 912834TY4=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912821AU9=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912834UA4=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912820Y43=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912833LX6=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912821AZ8=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912834UC0=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912821BD6=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912834UE6=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912821BJ3=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912834UG1=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 9128202A4=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912803BG7=TWEB
 Chain RIC       : 912833LY4=TWEB
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@moragodkrit.chumsri_1

I think we are having a similar issue to this one that you helped me with a couple of years ago.

Is there a way you could run the same thing in your answer for this cusip? 9128337T1=TWEB

Could you tell which Chain RIC includes that RIC (9128337T1=TWEB)?

It seems like we are no longer getting updates for this RIC in our feed.

Thank you so much!

Brian

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@bthews
It looks like the RIC you currently use is not valid now. It returns the following status message when I test it with StarterConsumer.

2019/06/19 12:25:39.300 TRACE <- Received MMT_MARKET_PRICE Status 1#US7YSTRIP
    serviceName : API_ELEKTRON_EDGE_TOKYO
    symbolName  : 1#US7YSTRIP
    streamState : Closed
    dataState   : Suspect
    statusCode  : NotFound
    statusText  : The record could not be found

Not sure whether or not it changes to "0#US7YSTRIP=TWEB". Can you try with new RICs "0#US7YSTRIP=TWEB ,1#US7YSTRIP=TWEB,2#US7YSTRIP=TWEB,0#US10YSTRIP=TWEB".

If you still found the issue please confirm RIC codes with the contents support team, they should be able to help you check if the RIC you currently use changed to a new one.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 4

@moragodkrit

Yes, I apologize, I am appending "=TWEB" to all my items.

For the most part, the app is working and returning correct data, it is just for a few Cusips that do not seem to be returning:

912833LX6=TWEB

912833LY4=TWEB

912833LZ1=TWEB

Is it possible to request data for just those values from the StarterConsumer app?

Thank you for your help!

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

@bthews

You can try the RIC with original StarterConsumer example, it was designed to send item request using the item from itemList and then decode and print refresh, status or update to console. The example can generate application log StarterConsumer_<pid>.log which you can use to verify if the item you mentioned has an update or not. If there is no update for some RIC in the log, it could mean that there is no update from headend at the time you are running the example.

Note that difference between a simple StarterConsumer and the StarterConsumer_Chain is that the StrrterConsumer_Chain just add application logic to check the Chain template (LongLink or LongA template) from the field list and then send item request using the item from Long field.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

hi @bthews

From your description, it would appear that you inherited the StarterConsumerChain example or that someone modified the StarterConsumer example to request a Chain RIC and then request the constituents as you have described.

Without seeing the code, my guess is that when you add a non-chain RIC such as 912833LX6=TWEB - the example would not process that correctly - since it is expecting chains in the itemlist file and hence does not attempt to extract pricing information for those non-chain instruments.

The example apps did output status msgs to a log file - so if this code is still in place, you should see entries related to the problem instruments in the log file. These may help understand why some of your instruments are not receiving updates.

You did not mention which language version of RFA you are using - therefore, if you do not have the full SDK, I recommend you download it by selecting the correct language from the following page and from there navigating to the Download tab.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/apis-in-this-family

Once you unpack the SDK you will find different versions of StarterConsumer including the StarterConsumerChain and the simpler base StartConsumer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 4

@moragodkrit

In your comment, you mentioned the LongLink. I had noticed this as well in the logs (when I turned on logging) The Cusips that are not getting updates are not found as a LongLink, whereas the other Cusips from the Chain that ARE being updated DO have a LongLink in the logs. Does this seem like something from the feed that the LongLinks are not being sent back? Or could it still be the app that is somehow not reading all the LongLinks?

The app hasn't changed, because I really don't know how to change it yet, and up until 4/30/2019, the 912833LX6=TWEB Cusip was being updated.

It just seems like something that was being returned from the feed is no longer being returned, or somehow is different.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 4

@moragodkrit

Thank you so much for your help! Adding that 3#US7YSTRIP=TWEB to the itemList seems to solve the issue! The other support team had been telling me the entire time that it was in the 0#US7YSTRIP=TWEB - so not sure where the confusion is there. But we seem to be back in business now!

Thanks again!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.