For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 2

[EDP WebSocket] What does the takeExclusiveSignOnControl in token request mean?

Hello,

As for the WebSocket API, we can perform the authentication by getting access token from EDP and used it to log into ERT web socket successfully. I noticed the example Python program always setting takeExclusiveSignOnControl to True when making the access token request from EDP.

I have question what's the difference between setting takeExclusiveSignOnControl to True and False when making token request either the first token request with "password" mode or "refresh" mode. Please help to clarify

Thanks & Best Regards,

Tiwa.

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @tiwa

takeExclusiveSignOnControl Set to true if you want to override any previous session you logged on i.e. force sign-out this ID from other applications and sign-in here

So, for example if there was a connectivity or authentication issue and the your application had to re-login with password, setting the above parameter to true ensures that any previously active login session on the authentication server is logged off and only this new attempt is counted in your list of active sessions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you so much for your prompt and useful response. I got your point for the the re-login with password. But for the grant_type as refresh_token, the Python example code set it to True as well, I don't see the point to force other previous sessions to be logged off again during Refresh. Is this for double safety? Please suggest.

Re-refresh token request:

{
   "username":"<username>",
   "refresh_token":"<your current refresh_token>",
   "grant_type":"refresh_token",
   "takeExclusiveSignOnControl": True
}

Hi @tiwa

I suspect this is down to a misunderstanding / lack of clarity in the documentation. I have already reached out to the product owner and once confirmed the examples should be revised in any future update.

Alright, appreciating you @Umer Nalla

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.