Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 27 33 35

Intraday Prices for Stocks.

I would like to know if there's a way to get full intraday timeseries for Stock prices.

I know that for FX pairs such thing is possible by adjutsting the ID of the FX pair itself (let's say "AUD=" and concatenating an hour as string to it like "AUD15H=" and then using something like TR.Bidprice or something.

But I'm not sure if something like this is possible for company RICs or if there's truly a way available to request what I want.

Thanks for any help you might provide! :)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistoricalequities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@aquilesjlp300

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm not sure I understand the question. What do you mean by "full intraday timeseries"? The procedure you outlined for FX spot rates makes sense to me only if you're looking to construct hourly price history going back more than a year from now. If this is indeed what you'd like to achieve, I'm afraid there's no way to do this for stocks. For stocks you can retrieve hourly history going back 1 year and tick history going back 90 days. For an example of how to retrieve the latter see this thread. If you need deeper intraday price history you may want to consider TRTH product.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.