For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 1 4 7

Elektron news

Whenever I want to search a company news under /data/news/beta1/headlines, I need a news code for that company. For example, for Microsoft, the code is MSFT.O. Is there a way that I can get all the codes for all companies so that I can use it for searching headlines?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @hsss,

You don't need a news code when you want to retrieve headlines. For example:

/data/news/beta1/headlines

will retrieve all headlines. The query expression is optional.

If you want to query for specific companies, you include that as a simple text expression:

/data/news/beta1/headlines?query=Microsoft OR Apple OR Google

If you are specifically looking for RICs for a list of companies, then you can use the RIC search tool within the Developer portal:

ahs.png (47.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, I only want to retrieve headlines for some specific companys so that's why I need the code.

Hi @hsss,

I've updated the answer.

Thanks for the answer. Can I also know is there any difference in the news between using Microsoft and using MSFT.O for querying?

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.