Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 1

Calling the same TR_Field with better parameters?

I am calling the same TR_Field - TR.TotalReturn1Mo, with different dates as parameters but getting the same number returned.

fields = [ek.TR_Field('TR.TotalReturn1Mo',{'SDate': '2018-01-20'}), ek.TR_Field('TR.TotalReturn1Mo',{'SDate': '2018-01-10'})]

df,response = ek.get_data(list_RIC_Codes, fields)

The df response has the same number for both fields - suggesting that the first field is being queried twice.

Is there a problem calling the same TR_Field with different parameters?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @james.kennedy

I got the response successfully with different value.

You can use different parameters on the same field.

ahs.png (15.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @james.kennedy,

Perhaps the results may be a due to the nature of the instruments and the time frames. Did you try the requests separately? Can you include a small example for us to try?

I did the following and the results came back different, i.e.

ahs.png (8.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 1

got it fixed - thanks very much for your help

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.