Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Eikon Api Data: Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

I have the Eikon Desktop running and I have the Eikon Api Data Key.

I go to Python and try to connect with Eikon and I obtain the error:

"Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running."

I do have the Eikon Desktop running which is what should be the solution, after reading other Q&As. So what am I doing wrong?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

@manuzrp

Refer to this thread discussion, please run the PowerShell script (checkeikondataapips1.txt) to verify the problem.

You need to rename it to checkeikondataapi.ps1 and run it in the PowerShell command line. If you see the "running scripts is disabled on this system" error, you need to run the PowerShell command as Administrator to change the policy and then use the following command.

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope LocalMachine

After running the script, you may need to change it back to Undefined.

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Undefined -Scope LocalMachine

The script will verify the basic environment for Eikon Data API, such as Eikon Processes, listening ports, PortInUse file, and connection. Please run the script and share the created output.txt file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi,

I have the same issue, please see my output.txt

will appreciate your kind help.

Thanks.

output.txt (90.0 KiB)

@guy.bramson

Old threads with accepted answers are not monitored by forum moderators. Please start a new thread and post your question there. It would be helpful to know which version of Eikon Data APIs library you're using, which you can find out by executing el.__version__ command in your Python script.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @manuzrp

Are you current Eikon user ?

Which variant of Eikon are you using?

Are you by any chance using Metastock Xenith product rather than Eikon?

Unfortunately you registered on this portal with a personal rather than corporate email address, which makes you anonymous to the moderators and impossible for us to check your Eikon account.

Please also share currports output.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.