For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Authentication failed: access_denied

Hi, I have received my machine ID and have reset my password. However when I try to connect from my terminal its failing to establish connection.

If I try to connect using Chrome , its failing with Authentication failed : access denied message.

Please can you help ?

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtoerror-login
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @arif.sayed

Looking at the error, I don't believe this is a machine ID issue as the connection is not being established.

Have you tried specifying proxy in the example code when it uses the requests library i.e. the get and post calls?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @arif.sayed

Please provide additional details to help diagnose the issue.

I assume you are trying to connect to ERT in Cloud using websocket - is this correct?

Have you worked through the Quick Start section for ERT in Cloud? Did that work ok?

If so,

1. how are you attempting to connect from your terminal?
  2. you mention Chrome, so what exactly are you using in Chrome? Are you using the Try It Now documentation?
  3. Please provide the Authentication request / JSON messages you are sending to the server - you can comment out the password.
  4. If running an example please provide fuller output from the example
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi Umer,

I am connecting from my local machine. For the username , I am using the machine ID allocated to me and the password I have reset.

To ensure , there is nothing blocking on my network, I was testing this through chrome and network looks fine unless I need to figure out somehow to use my proxy when running this example.

However I am still not sure if my account (machine ID ) is active to use to test the example below ?

C:\DataAnalytics\Rifinitive\EDP_AWS_examples\python>python market_price_edpgw_service_discovery.py --user <**********> --password <***********> Sending authentication request with password to https://api.edp.thomsonreuters.com:443/auth/oauth2/beta1/token ... EDP-GW authentication exception failure: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.edp.thomsonreuters.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /auth/oauth2/beta1/token (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x000002169B90F470>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond'))

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi Umer,

I have tried again now and still no sign of getting the token or data.It seems we are establishing the connection, but there is still something missing ?

sayeda7@L1001355607:~/refinitiv/EDP_AWS_examples/python$ python3 market_price_edpgw_authentication.py --user GE-A-0*******-*-**** --password ******* --hostname api.edp.thomsonreuters.com Sending authentication request with password to https://api.edp.thomsonreuters.com:443/auth/oauth2/beta1/token ... /home/sayeda7/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:851: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings InsecureRequestWarning) EDP-GW authentication result failure: 400 Bad Request Text: {"error":"invalid_request" }

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @arif.sayed

Apologies for the late reply but I have been out of the office for the past two days.

This forum is best suited to 'how to' type API usage queries and simpler diagnostics. Your issue requires offline in depth investigation - therefore please raise a Premium Support ticket (if the link does not work please speak to your Refinitiv Account manager or your Market Data team to confirm if you have RDC membership).

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.