question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

OMM Post: issues in publishing when creating Rics

Hi, we are developing an OMM posting consumer to contribute into an ATS.

In particular, we would like to be able to publish data for a Ric even if it does not already exist, by creating it automatically. In our code this feature can be enabled via configuration. When enabled, every time we have to publish data for a Ric we try to create it anyway, and then we publish data.

However a strange behavior occurs:

1) on one occasion we tried to publish data for multiple instruments (all already existent), but only some of them were correctly published, even though the rfa logs showed "Contribution accepted" for all of them. Consequence was that some instruments had old data.

2) on another occasion when we tried to publish data for multiple instruments, for some of them we got "Contribution accepted"

TRACE GenericOMMParser - MESSAGE
Msg Type: MsgType.ACK_RESP
Msg Model Type: MARKET_PRICE
Indication Flags:
Hint Flags: HAS_ATTRIB_INFO | HAS_SEQ_NUM | HAS_ID | HAS_STATE
State: UNSPECIFIED, NO_CHANGE, NONE, "[1]: Contribution Accepted"
SeqNum: 2166
Id: 2166
AttribInfo
ServiceName: ATS_TEST
ServiceId: 259
Name: CEN-03SPA-230-MTR02
NameType: 1 (RIC)
Payload: None

while for others we got "Unknown item"

TRACE GenericOMMParser - MESSAGE
Msg Type: MsgType.ACK_RESP
Msg Model Type: MARKET_PRICE
Indication Flags:
Hint Flags: HAS_ATTRIB_INFO | HAS_SEQ_NUM | HAS_ID | HAS_STATE
State: UNSPECIFIED, NO_CHANGE, NACK_INVALID_CONTENT, "[500]: Unknown Item"
SeqNum: 2175
Id: 2175
AttribInfo
ServiceName: ATS_TEST
ServiceId: 259
Name: CEN-03SPA-230-MTR05
NameType: 1 (RIC)
Payload: None

When the feature is disabled and we publish data for instruments already existent, data are always updated for all instruments.

What could be the issue?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepOMM
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Daniela.Ottino

It seems that creating a RIC even it exists on ATS whenever you publish data leads the problem. Since when you disable this behavior the problem does not occur. Based on my experience, I just create the RIC when it does not exist only and I can publish data successfully.

Instead of creating a RIC every time you will publish data, I suggest you try to publish data first, create the RIC if you get the error “Unknown Item” which indicates that you tries to update data of a RIC which does not exist on ATS. Then, publish data again which should be successful (you just create the RIC).

The error is generated by ATS so you should contact ATS support team for further investigation. You can submit the issue on Get Support of MyRefinitiv, select the Product to be Advanced Transformation System (ATS)

Hope this help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.