question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 1 3

Datastream Web Service: how to get a DSCode based on ISIN and Currency

Using Datstream Web Service: How do I get a datastream code (mnemonic) based on ISIN and currency?

For instance: the ETF IE00B4613386 are quoted in different markets and the DS code EMDD is for rge one quoted in London in USD, and the code D:SYBM is quoted in Xetra in Euro.

Thanks

datastream-apidsws-apiforexisinmnemonics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@c.aydemir

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 1 3

Maybe my question is not clear ...

Since I want use the Datastream Web Service API, I need to deduct the it via code (ie. matlab).

I know I can find it the Navigator, but if I need to do it for 100 ISINs use the Navigator is really time consuming.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @c.aydemir,

Where you able to search up multiple instruments as you required either via Navigator or by involving Refinitiv Content helpdesk as suggested by @Monika.Stankovic ?

Hello @zoya.farberov,

thank you for asking.

unfortunately the answer given by @Monika.Stankovic was useless, is not what I need/want to do.

In order to find a DS Code, I don't want to use manually the Navigator but I want to do that via coding.

thanks

Cihan

Hello @c.aydemir,

The functionality within the product is as product expert @Monika.Stankovic has described,

Currently, the best course of action is to use as suggested by the product expert, and lookup via Navigator or Content Helpdesk.

As a longer term solution, optionally, raise an Enhancement Request on product Datastream to prioritize an additional or imporved functonality.

Upvotes
1.1k 3 3 3

@c.aydemir

In the Dev tools section you will find link to Datastream Navigator where you can search for the given instruments. If you need more details on how to search for instruments please contact Refinitv Help Desk.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.