question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 3 5

ETA (Java) - Login example using DACS id

Hi,

I'm working through the ETA Java tutorials at https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/learning?content=43395&type=learning_material_item

I am able to establish a connection to my company TREP infrastructure, but getting an issue as it is defaulting to my user credentials.

Do you have any example code on how to provide DACS id, position, applicationId (in the context of the tutorial code) so that I can establish a session using the DACS id?

These are my logs:

basicConsumer initializing...

Connection up!  Registering our connection within our event loop

Received Login StatusMsg
	State: Closed/Suspect/User unknown to permissioning system, it could be DACS, AAA or EED - text: "apankha, unknown to system."

Connection down reconnecting
	Error text: SocketChannel.read returned -1 (end-of-stream)

Connection up!  Registering our connection within our event loop

Received Login StatusMsg
	State: Closed/Suspect/User unknown to permissioning system, it could be DACS, AAA or EED - text: "apankha, unknown to system."
elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrtjavaeta-apielektron-transport-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

For simplicity, the tutorial examples may not demonstrate how to change the username, application ID, and position. You can refer to the complete valueadd.examples.consumer example in the Elektron SDK package which shows how to do those things.

However, you can add the code to change the username, application ID, and position, as shown below.

private void init()
    {
        // display product version information
        System.out.println(Codec.queryVersion().toString());
        System.out.println("basicConsumer initializing...");

// After this consumer successfully connects into a server (TREP), we must log in
    	// Initialize a default login request
        consumerRole.initDefaultRDMLoginRequest();

//Added code to change the username, application ID, and position
        consumerRole.rdmLoginRequest().userName().data("user01");
        consumerRole.rdmLoginRequest().attrib().applicationId().data("256");
        consumerRole.rdmLoginRequest().attrib().position().data("127.0.0.1/net");
        //End added code

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.