question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 7 13 12

Conflated mechanism advantage

What is it the real advantage to have ConflatedInUpdates set to true.
As I can see this parameter is set to false as default.
In which cases could be useful change the default value?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apiconsumerparametersconflation
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @cdefusco

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @cdefusco

The data conflation is a technique to aggregate the information from multiple update messages into a single update message. The main propose of data conflation is to reduce the bandwidth consumption associated with high-volume items (such as tick-by-tick delivery) while keeping data acceptably current.

This ConflatedInUpdates indication flag informs the Provider application (OMM Provider, TREP, etc) that the consume requires the conflated updates message.

If the Provider supports conflation update feature, it will send update message with the following attributes:

• ConflatedCount: specifies the number of updates in the conflation.
  • ConflatedTime: specifies the time interval (inmilliseconds) over which data is conflated.

Please note that you cannot specify different conflation rates via the API, you need to ask your Market Data team if they can create a Conflated service for you which meets your requirements.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Could you show me an example of update message with ConflatedInUpdates set to true? How can i distinguish between the group of data associated to different updates (where the number is assigned to ConflatedCount) ?

Hi @cdefusco

Can you expand on what you mean - it is not clear what you are wishing to distinguish?

The data in the Update will look no different - the server takes care of the conflation and your application will receive a single update which contains a single instance of each Field that has changed during the ConflatedTime period with their most recent values..

The ConflatedCount merely reports how many updates the server processed and conflated into this single Update it sent to your application.

Ok, so the structure of the message is the same when I have a conflated message and when I haven't it.

The ConflatedCount tell me only the number of updates in the interval indicated in ConflatedTime, right?

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.