question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

I can access DSWS via Excel but not via DatastreamDSWS2R

After logging in my credentials, I have been able to access data via DFO, but using the same credentials and following the steps in DatastreamDSWS2R github page, I couldn't access data via R Studio. My R is version 3.5.1 and the error message is the following:

Error in .self$.loadToken() : Error requesting access Token. HTTP message was: Client error : Forbidden : Client error: (403) Forbidden

I have also tested SOAP Service (http://product.datastream.com/DswsClient/Docs/TestSoapV1.aspx) and saw that I was not entitled to ClientApi service. It has been said that the account needs to be authorized to use the DSWS API service. How can I get this authorization? What can be done to connect Datastream via R? Whom can I contact with to reach API service?

I am connecting to my university's account. Also, I have been using "rdatastream" package which has lately stopped working and since, I have been looking for alternatives. I'd be very happy if someone could help me out. Thanks :)

Aytekin

apidatastream-apidsws-apir
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@satirogluaytekin

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
681 2 2 1

Hi,

You should speak with your account manager, who in turn can see which subscription to DSWS best fits your needs. Once this has been identified they will provide you with access to this service.

Best regards

James

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.