Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 4 5 6

How to get the correct CUSIP

Hello,

I am trying to get S&P 500 constituents at a historical date(like 01/31/2000). I used the get_data function, but some of the CUSIP are missing(see line 19 and 27 for example). So I tried to convert RIC to CUSIP for these missing ones, some of them work, but others like "AON.N", I couldn't get correct CUSIP out from the RIC (Error 2)

Could you let me know how to fix the problem?

Thank you!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apisymbologyconstituents
error1.png (28.4 KiB)
error2.png (23.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @aryer,

I'm following up to see if the suggestion below helped. If not, can you provide some additional details as to what problems you are running into?

thanks.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @aryer

You can try to get TR.CUSIPExtended field.

Here is field description from Data Item Browser

cusip.png (25.0 KiB)
dib.png (111.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.