For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted

DSS API for automation manual config

Here is the scenario:

1. i manually create instrument list - hundreds of RICs e.g. all SP500 constituent;

2. I create the template;

3. I run the schedule job to get my data.

However, for step 1, is there a way to create the instrument list via API or other automation method, given that i already have my list of RICs in a file or sth.... rather than manually type in the UI...

Thanks.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Liang.Xue, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@Liang.Xue, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

@Liang.Xue - This is a private post

We made this query public. There is no reason to make it internal, customers could benefit from reading this.

Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @Liang.Xue,

If you have the list of RICs in a file, you can convert it to supported structure in CSV or XML file, and then import it to an Instrument list via either API or Web UI. The sample of imported CSV file is below. For more information about generating CSV files, please see Importing Instruments section in DataScope Select User Guide.

RIC,THB=
ISN,US912828R366
RIC,GBP=
RIC,CHF=

For REST API, you can import instrument file via ImportFromBytes endpoint. For more information, please see this question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Liang.Xue

If you use C#, you can download DSS REST API C# example application. The application provides C# and HTTP sample code illustrating many techniques and use cases including creating an instrument list in Instrument List Examples as shown below:

To run the example application, please refer to Quick Start

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.