question

Upvotes
Accepted
41 1 2 3

Issue with LME settlement price from PyDSWS

Hi, I have been using PyDSWS for while now, but started to have trouble in fetching settlement price for LME futures. Getting this error: running for ticker: LAH0719 Error - please check instruments and parameters (time series or static). What is the issue? Has there been changes in tickers for LME products?

datastream-apidsws-apisettlement
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @iam,

< edit: As "LAH0719" is not a RIC, we are contacting Datastream experts to help on your question >

I do not believe "LAH0719" is a valid RIC. It does not appear to have been valid in the past, either?

As your code was fully functional, prior to recent dates, could you please check and confirm if this is the RIC you've used, or it's a typo?

You can verify instruments, using RIC Search Tool on this portal, or Search entry of Eikon desktop, if you are running Eikon, or by contacting Refinitiv Helpdesk.

It is indeed related to Datastream. Before 30th June we use to pull data from DataStream python package and after that we moved to use PyDSWS and since then LME tickers have started to land in problem. Let me know if you need any info from my side. Thanks!

Hello @James.Bright1 and @paul.bacon,

Could you please help address the above question from a client?

Thanks!

Asked DSWSEscalationSupport via email

@iam

Can you try to replicate the issue again? Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hello @iam

Can you try to replicate the issue again? Please let us know if the issue persists.

The issue seems to be gone once I posted it here long back. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Upvotes
Accepted
41 1 2 3

The issue seems to be gone once I posted it here long back. Sorry for the delayed reply.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @iam,

Thank you for letting us know and I have converted your last comment to answer, in order to guide other developers with similar questions.

Regards,

-AHS

Upvotes
1.1k 3 3 3
@iam

I wasn't able to replicate the issue while using Datastream for Office (DFO) and Python official beta package DatastreamDSWS where I could extract the instrument by using ds.get_data(tickers = 'LAH0719', start = '-2Y')

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.