Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 1 0 4

RIC results in error

I was informed by my Market Data team that the map collect for Reuters has been done on my account.

I tried running my Python code to retrieve the RIC "/SGDTRD6MF=ABSG", via Eikon Python API. However, I was unable to get the time series. This is the error message I have gotten: " Error with /SGDTRD6MF=ABSG: The user does not have permission for the requested data

/SGDTRD6MF=ABSG: The user does not have permission for the requested data |"

I have also tried retrieving the time series for the same RIC, using Reuters Excel API, and that works fine. Another thing I have tried is to use 2 of my colleagues' Eikon Data API keys to try retrieving the same RIC, via Python, and still I get the same error.

Following which, I have checked in with the Reuters support team, who once again told me that this query is related to permissioning issues, which means I have to reach out to my Market Data Services Team once again.

Please advise.

Thank you!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jefferson.low

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @jefferson.low

This forum is moderated by developer.

For permission issue, please contact your market data team to verify if the permission is in place.

Here is the sample code to retrieve the information and sample error when you do not have permission to the requested RIC.

ahs.png (11.4 KiB)
ahs.png (60.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
0 1 0 4

Hi chavalit.jintamalit, thanks for your help! What if you're trying to pull a time series data?

Here's my code:

recData = ek.get_timeseries('/SGDTRD6MF=ABSG',fields='LAST',start_date='2017-01-01',interval='Daily')

icon clock
10 |1500

I do not have permission to retrieve both RICs using Time Series interface, please see the first 2 examples.

And the 3rd example is on a RIC I am permitted.

Here is the return error message from the server:

{"timeseriesData":[{"dataPoints":null,"errorCode":"TSIError","errorMessage":"Error: TSINotPermissioned, ErrorCode: TA-TSINotPermissioned, Fault: TSIError, Description: The user does not have permission for the requested data","ric":"SGDTRD6MF=ABSG","statusCode":"Error"}]}
ahs.png (73.3 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.