Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 5 4 7

How do I get the most recent equity/debt issuance from a company using eikon data api?

Thank you

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @hugh.nguyen

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @hugh.nguyen,

Once you have identified the exact query you will need, using the above process, please refer to Eikon Data API Quickstart and EDAPI Python Tutorials on how to put the query into Python code, and run it from Python.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @hugh.nguyen,

I am glad to discuss how I would approach this and similar requirements.

The quick approach is to use Screener tool. It is available from:

Eikon Excel -> Thomson Reuters-> choose a cell->Screener

In the tool, select

• Universe = Deals
  • Asset class = Equity (perhaps we would like to examine the output from all 4, one by one, to see the results)
  • Include = required company (we edit "Include" to do so)

once we "Insert Screen" and the content loads, we should have the expression to use within get_data method, to get this specific result.

Chances are, that the first result will not be entirely satisfactory. Using Screener tool we will be able to, iteratively:

1. Adjust the parameters and tune the result
  2. Display the Screener query
  3. Move the end result (the query) into your custom Python API code

For example, once we see the dates of the issues returned, we may wish to adjust the filter "Issue Date" to only include the last issue

If we are not able to identify the required content, the next best step is to contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk, specifying Eikon as product, so Eikon content experts can help identify the required content.

debt20190716.gif (230.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 5 4 7

@zoya.farberov thank you very much but I am interested in know how to do it using Python, not Excel.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.