question

Upvotes
Accepted
12 4 3 5

Time-series requests Datastream Web Service

Good evening

When downloading time-series data for multiple instruments using Datastream Web Serive in Python I get column names which contain the ticker (in this case ISIN) and field name (in this case P).

Whould it be possible to define similar to the the Datastream Add-in in Excel what the column header should be?

Thanks for your help.

pythondatastream-apidsws-apitime-series
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
681 2 2 1

ISIN is not a time series datatype. If you perform this within a snapshot request you can use the datatype ISIN

Please feel free to email directly james.bright@refinitiv if you would like to set up a call to discuss this in more detail.

Best regards

James

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi,

You can apply headers within Python. There are some examples here

https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/datastream-web-service/downloads

Best regards

James

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
12 4 3 5

Hi James,

Please find attached the output of the following request:

ds.get_data(tickers=['@AAPL','@FB'], fields=['DY'], start='-1Y', end='-0D', freq='D')

As you can see the header contains the ticker and the field name (

time-series-request.jpg). Is there any possiblity to specify what kind of header type I want (e.g., just the ISIN)?

Best regards,

Florian

icon clock
10 |1500

@James.Bright1 Do you have any feedback for me?

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

You can use the ISIN within your request to have this within the title.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.