question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 7 13 12

Last 5 Trades in Trade Reporting Data Model (MP)

I need to read as consumer application some information about last 5 trades. In detail I need to have Last Price, Last Qty, and Trade Time.

For the Last Price and Trade Time, I am using respectively fields: TRDPRC_1 to TRDPRC_5 and SALTIM_NS to SALTIM5_NS.

For Last Qty I mean the "Quantity (e.g. shares) bought/sold on this (last) fill.". Which field I could use for this information?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apitrademarket-by-price
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @cdefusco,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @cdefusco,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
895 3 8 3

I think there is a misunderstanding for what you are after. Is it simply the number of shares that have been traded at the price in TRDPRC_1? In which case the field is TRDVOL_1 (178) and it is available in Market Price. If you are looking to see where this came from or how the execution happen - was it hit by the BID or ASK side for example) , very few exchanges provide this info with the trade message so you would have to have a side-by-side analysis of the top of the orderbook. You could potentially do this by looking at the BID and BIDSIZE and ASK and ASKSIZE fields retrospectively to see the quantities prior to the trade execution. There would be a bit of noise around that too (ie cancelled orders, new prices etc coming in as well as trade executions occuring to remove quantity).

In the level 2 information (ie Market-by-price or Market-by-order - or in some rare case Market-by-market maker!) you will only get the orderbook information so no post trade data. But this would give you a better idea of what was occuring as you would not only see the top of book.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @cdefusco,

To my best knowledge, from most exchanges, this information is not available as part of Market Price, MP, model. There is a chance that there are some exceptions.

From Market By Order, level 2, this content is available.

Alternatively, from a history product, such as Tick History, it can be extracted.

However, for content questions such as this, by far the best resource is Refinitiv Content Helpdesk , by creating a query and specifying Content -> Elektron, you will be able to get a definitive answer on Elektron content, that can be accessed by APIs, including EMA.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

I dont think last trade's volume information is available from Market By Order messages, unless you subscribe to updates and consolidate the information yourself. Please contact Refinitiv content support as mentioned by Zoya.

icon clock
10 |1500

Qty = ORDER_SIZE ?

Yes, ORDER_SIZE for already executed orders, which have disappeared from the book.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.