question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 4 3 5

permID for ETFs

Can I use entity search to find permIDs for ETFs? For example, ticker:GLD AND mic:XJSE, does not return any data even though there is a GLDJ.J gold ETF listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange

permid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-apietf
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@Johann Lourens

I got a confirmation from the Open PermID team that GLDJ.J is of Commodity ETFs (TRCSAssetClass.mdaas = ETFC) type which is not supported in permid.org.

You can also find all available Quote PermIDs in the quote entity bulk download at https://permid.org/download.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.1k 246 52 72

@Johann Lourens

I am unable to search this RIC (GLDJ.J) on the Open PermID website.

Therefore, it seems that this RIC is not in the Open PermID database. I will contact the Open PermID support team for confirmation.

gld.png (21.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you. It is possible to find out if this is a more general feature? As in, no exchange traded products are in permID?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.