question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 3 5 9

Views not working with RDM_VIEW_TYPE_ELEMENT_NAME_LIST for Elektron-SDK1.1.0.linux

We are using Eta C API to implement views functionality using ACRONYM. TransportAPI_C_DevGuide.pdf document stated that RDM_VIEW_TYPE_ELEMENT_NAME_LIST can be used. However, I am seeing that all fields are returned. May I know why? Below are snippet of incomplete codes to get general idea of what's I am attemping to implement:

eEntry.dataType = RSSL_DT_UINT;

fdList = RDM_VIEW_TYPE_ELEMENT_NAME_LIST;

transport.rsslEncodeElementEntry(encodeIter, &eEntry, &fdList);

transport.rsslClearElementEntry(&eEntry); eEntry.name = RSSL_ENAME_VIEW_DATA; eEntry.dataType = RSSL_DT_ARRAY;

transport.rsslEncodeElementEntryInit(encodeIter, &eEntry, 0)

viewArray.primitiveType = RSSL_DT_ASCII_STRING;

viewArray.itemLength = 0;

transport.rsslEncodeArrayInit(encodeIter, &viewArray)

transport.rsslEncodeArrayEntry(encodeIter, NULL, &viewList[i])

transport.rsslEncodeArrayComplete(encodeIter, RSSL_TRUE)

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-apic
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @tinmyo.win,

While the API does have a flag defined to allow the specification of named fields, I believe at this time the ADS only supports field IDs. You can refer to this answer for more details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.