For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 4 7 9

Item Resubscription

So we open a session for subscription for an item say AAPL.OQ, get some refresh and updates, then close the subscription using CloseMsg with below params:

closeMsg.clear();
encodeIterator.clear();
closeMsg.msgClass(MsgClasses.CLOSE);
closeMsg.containerType(DataTypes.NO_DATA);
closeMsg.flags(CloseMsgFlags.ACK);
byteBuffer.clear();
encodeBuffer.clear();
encodeBuffer.data(byteBuffer);

encodeIterator.setBufferAndRWFVersion(encodeBuffer, Codec.majorVersion(), Codec.minorVersion());

Now within the same session, I want to resubscribe to AAPL.OQ, I see that though my request for subscription is sent to TREP, I don't get any responses (refresh messages) back.

How to resubscribe after unsubscription within the same session

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktrep
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@pratik.p.mehta
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

@pratik.p.mehta
Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@pratik.p.mehta

To close a stream, you need to specify the streamID of the closed item.

closeMsg.clear();
closeMsg.msgClass(MsgClasses.CLOSE);
closeMsg.streamId(streamId());
closeMsg.domainType(domainType);
closeMsg.containerType(DataTypes.NO_DATA);

After that, you can send a new request message to subscribe to that item.

You can refer to the com.thomsonreuters.upa.examples.consumer example in the Elektron SDK package regarding closing and requesting items.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @pratik.p.mehta

Depending on your use case / requirements - you may want to explore the Pause / Resume functionality available with the Elektron APIs.

As the name suggests, you can pause an event stream and resume it as required - for some scenarios this can be more efficient than close and resubscribe.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.