question

Upvotes
Accepted
81 2 6 7

Thomson Reuters Contributions Channel - RICs that users are contributing to

We have TRCC setup in parallel to MLIP. In MLIP, we can see what RICs our internal users are contributing to but on TRCC we havent been able so far, we have increased the logging level to debug on the rmds.cnf but that only seems to work with IDN

How can we get this working as this is a requirement for us

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructurecontributionsrcc-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ivan.amo
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
81 2 6 7

I am good. For anyones befenefit:

adsmon -set IPCServer `hostname`.1.ads.sink.server.ipc.transmissionBus dumpIncoming True

[server]> adsmon -set IPCServer `hostname`.1.ads.sink.server.ipc.transmissionBus dumpIncoming True

server.1.ads.sink.server.ipc.transmissionBus.dumpIncoming was successfully set to True

TEXT FILTERED

server:/logs]> dbgLogMon -dumpSSLData -noUsecTS -dict RDMFieldDictionary ads.dbg0 | egrep "257|fieldEntry"

<key flags="0x7 (RSSL_MKF_HAS_SERVICE_ID|RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME|RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME_TYPE)" serviceId="257" name="RICTEST" nameType="1"/>

<fieldEntry fieldId="320" dataType="RSSL_DT_RMTES_STRING" data="Testing again"/>

<key flags="0x7 (RSSL_MKF_HAS_SERVICE_ID|RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME|RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME_TYPE)" serviceId="257" name="RBCTEST" nameType="1"/>

<fieldEntry fieldId="322" dataType="RSSL_DT_RMTES_STRING" data="Cause it needs to work"/>

VALUES FILTERED

[server:logs]> dbgLogMon -dumpSSLData -noUsecTS -dict RDMFieldDictionary ads.dbg0 | egrep "257|fieldEntry"

<key flags="0x3 (RSSL_MKF_HAS_SERVICE_ID|RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME)" serviceId="257" name="TEST12=RIC"/>

<fieldEntry fieldId="393" dataType="RSSL_DT_REAL" data="2.2"/>

<fieldEntry fieldId="275" dataType="RSSL_DT_REAL" data="2.3"/>

<key flags="0x3 (RSSL_MKF_HAS_SERVICE_ID|RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME)" serviceId="257" name="TEST12=RIC"/>

<fieldEntry fieldId="393" dataType="RSSL_DT_REAL" data="2.3"/>

<fieldEntry fieldId="275" dataType="RSSL_DT_REAL" data="2.4"/>

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ivan.amo, thank you for sharing

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @ivan.amo

If you use EMA application to contribute data to TRCC, please try to set XmlTraceToStdout to be 1 of Consumer node in EMAConfig.xml which your application uses. Then, you should see the contributed data messages including the RIC names sent to TRCC.

The example configuration to enable EMA traces its received and sent messages in XML format to stdout/console.

<Consumer> 
  <Name value="Consumer_1"/> 
  <Channel value="Channel_1"/> 
 <XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/> 
</Consumer> 
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
81 2 6 7

Pimchaya

We dont contribute; i look after the TREP infrastructure where the TRCC is setup. So i wont be contributing using TRCC, but our customers do.

We need to be able to see what our users are contributing to, same as we could do with MLIP, just by looking at the logs on debug mode

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @ivan.amo

If the data is contributed to TRCC, that data go to Elektron directly. You need to consume it back from Elektron (with the same RIC name).
Please note that you cannot consume it via TRCC service directly.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @ivan.amo

I assume that you contribute data to TRCC/MLIP via TREP. There are some different between the TRCC and MLIP Post messages. The OMM Post message for TRCC must contains the following information

• ACK indication flag (solicitAck(true))
  • Post ID
  • The message payload must be an Update Message type
  • Both Post message and Payload must contain the posted item name

Example code are following (in Java)

UpdateMsg nestedUpdateMsg = EmaFactory.createUpdateMsg()
	.streamId(_postStreamID)
	.name("Contribution_RIC")
	.payload(nestedFieldList);

PostMsg postMsg = EmaFactory.createPostMsg()
	.postId(_postID++)
	.serviceId(257)
	.name("Contribution_RIC")
	.solicitAck(true)
	.payload(nestedUpdateMsg)
	.complete(true);

Please note that you require TRCC access credential setup in you TREP and TRCC supports the Off-Stream Post only.

If you still encounter the problem, please enable the trace file and share it in this post.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @ivan.amo

According to Wasin's answer, you may contact your TREP Infrastructure if there is a service providing data from Elektron. Otherwise, you may have to contact Refinitiv account team who can assist you to access Elektron service.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
81 2 6 7

Ok, let me try to explain differently.

Say for example IDN data, 200 users connect to our ADSs, and if i want to see what RICs they are consuming, i goto adsmon and dump the database.

Which will provide me with SERVICE, USERID and RIC, all of this in a massive list.

Now, with MLIP, i change the MLIP config to debug, and i am able to see the RICs that my clients are contributing to via the DCS Service.

With TRCC, i cannot do any of the 2 above; so i need to be able to pull out anything that my customers are contributing to.

My setup TRCC via TREP, so i have TRCC setup on a pair of ADHs that connect directly to the CHPs.

I am not the contributor, I am the support engineer in charge of looking after the TREP infrastructure and any of the components.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hi @ivan.amo

Thank you for clarification. Based on my understanding, TRCC is designed to let client contributes data to Elektron via a secure channel. It does not allow other users to check or capture that data in a middle.

I strongly suggest you contact TREP support team to help you check if TREP has any features that support your requirement or not.

icon clock
10 |1500

Have asked @Dominic.Allison if he can answer..

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ivan.amo

I have reached and the TREP team have advised that at this point in time enabling insertTrace, or dumpIncoming or dumpOutgoing, and going through the output from dbgLogMon is going to be the only option from the TREP side of things.

If you are not familiar with the above, please contact TREP support on the via the Helpdesk.

If you do have some suggestions on future functionality you can ask your Refinitiv account manager to raise them with the Product Manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
81 2 6 7

i enabled insertTrace and indeed, it does generate a log with extension .dbg

The formatting is a bit funky to read on vi, any idea on how to read it:

PII Success TRCC TEST12=RBCL 964 1 0 0 0 Count 0^H^X]Inæ^@^@^@^@^@5^@^MáCÿ÷^@ PII Drop Client TRCC TEST12=RBCL 964 1 0 1 0 Count 0^H^X]Inæ^@^@^@^@^@2^@^Má¹Cÿ÷^@ PII Released TRCC TEST12=RBCL 964 1 1 1 0 Count 0^H^X]Inç^@^@^@^@^@5^@^C<87>°Cÿ÷^@ PII Initialized TRCC TEST12=RBCL 967 0 0 0 0 Count 0^H^X]Inç^@^@^@^@^@4^@^C<87>¶Cÿ÷^@ PII Add Insert TRCC TEST12=RBCL 967 0 0 0 0 Count 0^H^X]Inç^@^@^@^@^@5^@^E|+Cÿ÷^@ PII Drop Insert TRCC TEST12=RBCL 967 1 0 0 0 Count 1^H^X]Inç^@^@^@^@^@1^@^E|/Cÿ÷^@ PII Success TRCC TEST12=RBCL 967 1 0 0 0 Count 0^H^X]Inç^@^@^@^@^@5^@^E|1Cÿ÷^@ PII Drop Client TRCC TEST12=RBCL 967 1 0 1 0 Count 0^H^X]Inç^@^@^@^@^@2^@^E|3Cÿ÷^@ PII Released TRCC TEST12=RBCL 967 1 1 1 0 Count 0^H^X]Inç^@^@^@^@^@5^@ +ËCÿ÷^@ PII Initialized TRCC TEST12=RBCL 970 0 0 0 0 Count 0^H^X]Inç^@^@^@^@^@4^@

"ads.dbg1" [noeol][converted] 12L, 17451C

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
81 2 6 7

ignore, dbglogmon does that

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
81 2 6 7

the last question, can insertTrace be permanently set to true on the rmds.cnf or can only be done on the fly via adsmon

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ivan.amo

Looking at the documentation the insertTrace appears to be an interactive parameter - there is nothing about adding it to the config file. Probably because of the negative impact it can have on performance - if left on all the time.

However, I would recommend you confirm with the TREP helpdesk if the above is the case.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
81 2 6 7

Tks guys, i will play around and see where i get

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.