question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 4

Program terminated when receiving market data at specific time

I'm receiving market data by this function in a console app:

void MarketByPriceClient::onUpdateMsg(const UpdateMsg& updateMsg, const OmmConsumerEvent&)

But the console app were auto terminated at some specific time(01:00, 15:30,... not sure).

And show message:

Terminated 
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/speedy

How to fix this?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apimarket-by-price
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@davegan

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@davegan

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @davegan,

Ensure you are using the latest version of the ESDK. I would then try to build and run the level 2 tutorial. With this, you should be able generally verify how to build a market by price or market by order consumer. Are you able to determine exactly where within your application it is crashing? You mentioned it was while receiving data but this could be somewhere deep within your application as part of your post processing.

Also, if your application did in fact crash, I would also try to determine why it did not generate a core file. What OS are you running on? Perhaps you don’t have write privileges in the directory where you are running? I would search around to understand why - for example.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @davegan,

With the information you provided, your application could have terminated for many reasons. Based on the output, did you notice if there was a 'core' file created within the directory where you execute the console application? Looking at the core file within a debugger would provide more details as to where specifically (function/method) within your application it terminated. I would start here first.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @nick.zincone.1,

I try abort() function can generate core file, and console show message:

Aborted (core dumped)

But for my problem, did not generate core file and only show message:

Terminated 

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.