For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 2 5

0 byte output file when using rmdstestclient to record data

Hi guys,

We tried to run the rmdstestclient tool to record data, but our output file is 0 bytes.

09:43:30 *user*@**machine**/rhel6_x86_64> ./rmdstestclient -S DIRECT_FEED -ef ./symbols.txt -h *host* -p 14002 -ct rssl -u exb_hk_dev -obf testrecording.dat
Number of Connection Count = 1
Creating RSSL connection Host: *host* Port: 14002
UPA server component version: ads3.2.3.L1.linux.tis.rrg 64-bit
Setting rmds connection 0x14b9540
Connection list count is 1
SupportStandby: 0
SupportBatchRequests Initial Open: Yes
SupportBatchRequests Reissue: Yes
SupportBatchClose: Yes
SupportViewRequests: Yes
SupportOptimizedPauseResume: 0
Received Field Dictionary refresh message (Data Length: 1210615).
Received Enum Dictionary refresh message (Data Length: 123585).

We have not received any error message for this, and we do have permission on the folders where we are trying to write the file.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thank you,

Jayson

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrmds-test-client
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@jfajardo

You can use -l <file> option to log events to a file.

-l                 Log events to the file

The command is:

./rmdstestclient -S DIRECT_FEED -ef ./symbols.txt -h host -p 14002 -ct rssl -u exb_hk_dev -obf testrecording.dat -l log.txt

Then, please share the log.txt file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai! We'll rerun again and get back to you here.

Hi @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai,

Here's the log file out of a run we made for ~10 hours. capture file is again 0 bytes.

rmdstestclient-log.txt

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Jayson

@jfajardo

From the log file, DIRECT_FEED is not a correct service. The available services on the server are:

• IDN_DEV
  • PB-NAMR-DEV
  • PB-APAC
  • PB-EMEA
  • PB-APAC-DEV
  • PB-EMEA-DEV
  • PB-NAMR
  • MBPIPE_DEV
  • MBPIPE_BETS
  • DTS_DEV
  • OBPUB_DEV

For now, please try IDN_DEV (-S IDN_DEV).

If you are still unable to retrieve the data, please contact the server team for the correct service that can provide the data.

HI @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai, thanks for this, I am now able to see the dat file with contents in it. I am looking into replaying this but my sink_driven_src is having a segfault issue. Will raise a separate quesion for this.

Thank you!

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @jfajardo

Please make sure that:

Hope this help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 2 5

Thanks @Pimchaya.Wongrukun!

• Yeah, double-checked that the following are correct and based on RFA.cfg:
    • -h = serverList from RFA.cfg, and
    • -S = serviceList from RFA.cfg
  1. Here is what my RicFile looks like:
6|BGRIM.BK 6|BGRIM.BKd 6|CENTEL.BK 6|CENTEL.BKd 6|BDMN.JK 6|TLKM.JK

I am unsure what below means but I thought that since these are non zero values, that my dat file should have anything in it at least:

Received Field Dictionary refresh message (Data Length: 1210615). Received Enum Dictionary refresh message (Data Length: 123585).

Thanks,

Jayson

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.