question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 3

grab news headline backend throw 500 code exception

use python language develop,grab news headline.

Check accounts with access to TRKD‘headline api. get token success.but grab news headline api always throw (500) Internal Server Error.

newsrkd-apirkd
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
141 1 4 1

TRKD API supports 2 types of token

-- standard service token using username and application.

-- effective user token, or impersonation token sometimes called, whereby from a service token you create additional token using an effective user identity, typically to identify individual end user of trkd api clients' website - for example in quote list and portfolio services you could use this to manage unique quote lists for each your users.

-- "unmanaged effective users" are where the effective user string is completely under control of trkdapi client and is opaque string to trkdapi itself, where we have no knowledge of it, validation, control or creation -- its all under client control i..e completely unmanaged by trkd side, hence that description.

Some service do not support the concept of effective users and simply and only need the original service token - as per the error message the is the case for news service:

Unmanaged effective users are not supported by this service

Simply change to use service token (which you must have created in first place already)

If you thought you were using service token anyway and not using effective user token, and the above explanation doesn't make sense to you, please post actual xml request and response as text not as screen image. At very least, post value of the ErrorReference element in the fault response (again: as text, not as image)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

@895669342

I have checked an error "Unmanaged effective users are not supported by this service ..."

message. It seems you do not have a permission to subscribe this news headline service. Please contact your Refinitiv representative to verify your TRKD user/permission.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @895669342

I can replicate the issue with my Unmanaged effective users credential (CreateImpersonationToken_2). I got the same "Unmanaged effective users are not supported by this service. Retry your request with either a Reuters type effective user or a service user only." error message as you.

I can get data with my Service Token (CreateServiceToken_Request_1) credential . Could you please re-test with a service token user/operation?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 0 3

hello @robin @Wasin Waeosri

thank you! The cause of this problem,The http request parameter configuration is miscalled into the https mode request. Because the http request cannot use the "Effective Username" parameter.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.