For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 6

Connection Samples are throwing 502 Bad Gateway error (CSharp and Python)

I just setup my refinitiv and machine accounts via the welcome emails today. I'm trying to run the sample mentioned in the welcome emails (market_price_edpgw_service_discovery.py) and I'm getting the following:

C:\temp\Examples\EDP\python>python market_price_edpgw_service_discovery.py --user <snip> --password <snip>

Sending authentication request with password to https://api.edp.thomsonreuters.com:443/auth/oauth2/beta1/token ... EDP-GW authentication result failure: 502 Bad Gateway Text: {"error":"server_error" }

I'm getting this error from multiple different machines and also when I try and run a similar C# sample.

Any suggestions? I tried putting in dummy username/password and got the same error so I don't believe this is related to my account.

Thanks

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtosample-codeerror-502
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 6

nevermind - I was using my refinitiv username / password instead of my machine ID.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @jeff.zimniewicz, I just tried the same sample and it is working, so I can assume the issue is either your credentials or network connection to EDP servers.

Are you behind a proxy server?

Sending authentication request with password to  https://api.edp.thomsonreuters.com:443/auth/oauth2/beta1/token ...
EDP-GW Authentication succeeded. RECEIVED:
{
"access_token":"eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkhQS2pEYUhiZmpLOVRfRHUxeGFJX1JaVmZfRjNDcHlEc0dTcDV5NWxCYV
EifQ.eyJkYXRhIjoie1wiY2lwaGVydGV4dFwiOlwiNGVEbnhralBxZlYyZkxIU2tXa2FZdU53ZXhoYVpFSFA1aVgyTHBVcDdnTUwtbHI1eXM5X3VvQWwtTFl....
icon clock
10 |1500

It was a credential issue. I was using the wrong username/password. Thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.