question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

Not getting nano second precision for _NS fields

Hi,

I am using RFA version 8.1.0.E2.all

However I am not getting the nanos values for the timestamp fields.

I know that the nanos are being published for the items we are interested by the exchanges.

Code:

OMMDateTime ommdateTime = (OMMDateTime) value;

if (!ommdateTime.isBlank()) {

if (fidDef.getMaxOMMLengthAsInt() == 8) {

long millisSinceEpoch = ommdateTime.toSeconds();

int microS = ommdateTime.getMicrosecond();

int nanoS = ommdateTime.getNanosecond();

Both the microS and nanoS values are 0 (where I know these are published by the exchange)

Please let me know what is the issue? Are there any setttings to enable it in RFA?

Thanks

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @b.sinha,

Can you provide us the RIC and the specific FIDs your are using to confirm? Also, when you say "I know these are published by the exchange", does that mean you know Refinitiv realtime services are publishing these values? Or you only know that the native exchanges are publishing these values?

thanks.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

The nano-second was not enabled for one of the Edge device that we were connected to. Refinitiv enabled nano-second support for that device and restarted it. We restarted our applications, we are now getting the nano-second fields.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @b.sinha

RFA 8.x supports nano second precision without any setting. You may run StarterConsumer shipped with RFA8.x package to check if _NS fields contains nano seconds or not. For further fields questions, you should contact the feed/data team via Get Support of MyRefinitiv. Select Product to the feed e.g. Thomson Reuters Elektron Real-Time

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.