question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 3 1 7

I heard that Eikon SAPI integration has been enhanced and support for old API ends soon. What is the new API being introduced? Where do I start?

I am looking into the changes needed to imbibe the latest Eikon SAPI Integration in our application.

We have been using TREP RFA .Net API (version 7.x). Has this just been upgraded to a newer version by adding latest capabilities or is it an entirely new API?

Could you please point me to the right documentation to start with and a brief idea of what has changed, and what should we be implementing?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@schervi

I'm not familiar with Eikon SAPI integration you mentioned, can you elaborate more about the functionality of Eikon SAPI and how it relates with Eikon?

RFA.NET 7.x is now the end of support and client has to upgrade to version 8.x. The new version adds support for new capabilities and it also updates RWF version used by RSSL adapter to support MiFID II migration. Thus RFA 8.x can support data field/fid which can provide precision in Microsecond and Nanosecond and also support a Real Infinity and Not A Number. More details about the changes have been provided in the README file of RFA.NET package.

If you are RDC named user and you can download RFA, I would suggest you update RFA.NET to version 8.1. If you do not have RDC subscription, please contact Refinitiv Account Team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Does RFA.NET 8.1 also have entitlement handling component implemented at Eikon's end, which was not already in RFA 7.x?

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@schervi

Basically, RFA and other TREP APIs do not provide implementation to allow an external user to integrate their application with Eikon directly. So there is no interface in RFA to allow the application to do authentication with Eikon Server.

Eikon has its own authentication system and the way they use RFA consuming Real-Time data from TREP or Elektron Real-Time is to pass Authentication Token from their system to RFA OMM Login. Instead of pass a DACS User name, they pass the USER_TOKEN in the AttribInfo of the OMM Login request message like below snippet of codes. As far as I understand, the use case is for internal use by Refinitiv product.

attribInfo.setNameType(USER_TOKEN); 
attribInfo.setName(RFA_String("<Eikon Token>")); 

Not sure Is this the entitlement you are talking about or not?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.