question

Upvotes
Accepted
48 8 18 20

rmdstestclient and sink_driven_src usage problem

Hello, I tried rmdstestclient to capture quote data in binary file about 10 minutes and later used sink_driven_src to replay data captured. But I found the consumer receiving the same update message again and again. So is there any command line option that makes sink_driven_src replay data captured only instead of infinite loop? I read the tool manual, but without luck.

one more question, I captured all nasdaq basic realtime data in binary file which is about 5G, when running sink_driven_src, it will be killed by os. Is it problem due to large binary file ? The sink_driven_src seems to load all data from file to memory. So can I just load some codes instead of all ?

Many thanks, expecting your reply.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apirmds-test-clientsink-driven-source
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @wangfugen

I tried the command lines to replay captured data once only(the first question) and to load some code(the second question) according to Test tools Operation Manual. However, the comand lines did not work.

I suggest you contact the TREP support team who is expect of these tools and should be able to provide you with the proper solution. You can submit the query to them via Get Product Support on MyRefinitiv. Select Product "Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform". If you face any difficulties submitting the query, please contact Refinitiv Account team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @wangfugen

Please refer to A Quick Start Guide to Playback and Recording Data for the Elektron SDK how to use rmdstestclient and sink_driven_src to record and replay data respectively. Then, your consumer should receive the updates according to the captured data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
48 8 18 20

@Pimchaya.Wongrukun I do read the article and practised according to the article. So I encountered the above two problems. Is there any more advice? Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.