Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Get a value on a specific date

Hi,

I'm trying to get an item value of an instrument on a specific date by using TR function in excel, but it looks the TR function always get the latest quote, it won't allow a specific date. I watched the user guide video which said the date argument can be defined as a parameter.

I also tried to use timeseries to retrieve the data but the issue is when it comes to timeseries, the field/items become lesser and all the values are showing "invalid field(s)" or #N/A.

Appreciate so much if anyone could help for this issue, thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-api
untitled.png (11.8 KiB)
untitled-2.png (61.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @zeeshine

In your code sample, you are using TR.CLOSEPRICE field.

But in your Formula Builder, you are using CF_CLOSE field.

These 2 fields are from different database.

CF_CLOSE is on "real time" database and it does not support historical data.

TR.CLOSEPRICE is on "Timee Series" database and it supports historical data.

Here is sample code to define date with TR.CLOSEPRICE:

ahs0.png (82.1 KiB)
ahs.png (15.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi Chavalit, thanks, may i ask further that in the first TR formula, I'm using =TR("GOOGL.O","TR.CLOSEPRICE.value",), however, Parameter(s) shows blank, shouldn't the date(or other available argument) be shown in a drop down list? thanks again.

In your picture, you selected CF_CLOSE as explained in my answer.

You can select TR.CLOSEPRICE as below picture:

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @zeeshine,

Within the formula builder, you can select the "Parmaeters & Quick Functions" tab on the upper right to apply additional parameters, including date.

ahs.png (63.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.