question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 3 5 9

handling "zero" mergeToGroup value

Using the decoding method suggested in https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/answers/47439/view.html , I found that our consumer app receives mergedToGroup updates with "0" values after CLOSE_RECOVER groupId state is received. Is "0" a valid value for mergeToGroup or should I ignore them?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@tinmyo.win

I assume that you are connecting to TREP. TREP manages the groupID and it will send mergeToGroup with zero value after the service is down.

<updateMsg domainType="RSSL_DMT_SOURCE" streamId="2" containerType="RSSL_DT_MAP" flags="0xC0 (RSSL_UPMF_DO_NOT_CACHE|RSSL_UPMF_DO_NOT_CONFLATE)" updateType="0 (RDM_UPD_EVENT_TYPE_UNSPECIFIED)" dataSize="51">
    <dataBody>
        <map flags="0x0" countHint="0" keyPrimitiveType="RSSL_DT_UINT" containerType="RSSL_DT_FILTER_LIST" >
            <mapEntry flags="0x0" action="RSSL_MPEA_UPDATE_ENTRY" key="4915" >
                <filterList containerType="RSSL_DT_ELEMENT_LIST" countHint="0" flags="0x0">
                    <filterEntry id="3" action="RSSL_FTEA_SET_ENTRY" flags="0x0" containerType="RSSL_DT_ELEMENT_LIST">
                        <elementList flags="0x8 (RSSL_ELF_HAS_STANDARD_DATA)">
                            <elementEntry name="Group" dataType="RSSL_DT_BUFFER" data="2"/>
                            <elementEntry name="MergedToGroup" dataType="RSSL_DT_BUFFER" data="0"/>
                        </elementList>
                    </filterEntry>
                </filterList>
            </mapEntry>
        </map>
    </dataBody>
</updateMsg>

After the service is up, the application will get a new groupID in the item's refresh message.

Therefore, it could be the default groupID managed by TREP. You can contact the TREP support team through my.refinitiv.com for more information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13 3 5 9

Can someone please answer the question or ask additional questions if the question is not clear?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.