For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

ELEKTRON API / SSL

Hello, everybody,

one of our customers is still using a very old SSL application. The manufacturer of this application no longer exists.
Is it possible to provide this application with data via Elektron Websocket API? Does Elektron support SSL?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkssl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Lars Zimmer

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@Lars Zimmer

There are many solutions for Elektron Real-Time, such as ERT in Cloud, Elektron Connect via EZD, Elektron Real-Time via Deployed Edge, Elektron as a service, and TREP.

As I know, all solutions except ERT in Cloud still support the legacy SSL applications.

You can contact your Refinitiv account team for more information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Lars Zimmer

Elektron Websocket API does not support SSL. It supports WebSocket connection with data in JSON readable format which is different data format used in SSL application. Anyway, the client can write the application in any languages which supports WebSocket and JSON e.g. Python, .NET, Java, C++. For the source code of example applications in multiple languages, you can download them from Downloads tab of Websocket API.

You can run Websocket API application to get data from Elektron Real Time in Cloud(the server is ready to use) or TREP. Please contact Refinitiv account team for process and details to access data from the server. Please refer to the WebSocket API Quick Start which guide you through initial steps to run example retrieving data.

Hope this help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 0

Thanks for the answer.
I think I didn't describe my question very clearly.
There is currently no source code for the application. And the application can only use SSL.
Now the question of the customer was whether we could develop a connection to ERT, which still provides his application with SSL data, without the need of a TREP/ADS, etc.. The application is to be operated for another 8 - 12 months and then replaced by a new solution. I think one way would have been the combination of ELEKTRON Api and RFA. But to my knowledge the RFA is not OpebSource, or?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 59 14 21

@Lars Zimmer, Seems like you are migrating the infrastructure/application. What are you migrating to? Is it EaaS or ERT in cloud?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Lars Zimmer

ERT does not support SSL but it supports WebSocket and Encrypted RSSL connection. Therefore, the customer SSL application cannot connect to ERT.

The customer may contact Refinitiv account team to ask if there is any Refinitiv hosted platform supporting SSL connection which the customer application can connect to.

RFA is not open source. For the long term solution, the customer should use Elektron APIs which are WebSocket, EMA and ETA. All can connect to ERT.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.