question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

command line parameter for multiple RIC

I am using this line of command :

python market_price_edpgw_service_discovery.py --user GE-A-12345678-9-0123 --password mypassword --ric /DIS.N

How can I supply multiple ric values?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformparameters
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @rreyes

As my colleague mentioned market_price_edpgw_service_discovery.py is purely an example. We provide the source code for these examples so that developers can learn from them and potentially modify them as per their requirements.

In order to specify multiple RICs on the command line, you would make the necessary changes to allow for your requirement - this would be standard python code related reading command line parameters - nothing specific to the Websocket API interface.

Once you have made the changes to read multiple RICs from the command line, you can then refer to the Batch Websocket API Batch Request tutorial on how to change the JSON request message payload to request those multiple RICs.

You can also refer to the pywstestclient example on Github which allows comma-separated RICs on the command line and then uses them for a batch request. Note that this example does not perform service discovery and requires you to specify a specific EDP endpoint hostname.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hello @rreyes, The market_price_edpgw_service_discovery.py sample application does not allow specifying multiple RIC's on the command line.

To try out batch request feature (multiple RIC's), you can edit the python source code, and specify the ric variable as JSON Array. For e.g:

ric = ['CAD=','/DIS.N']
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

Thanks for your immediate response.

Changing the code of python source code will somehow resolve my problem but how about if I want a dynamic approach of providing multiple RIC's.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.