question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

can we setup RFA8 connect to TREP server 2 seesion at a time ?

my vendor need to setup RFA8.1 Java on Linux connecting to TREP server for 2 session at a time (use same user and same network port for both session)

session 1 for real time data feed, this session always connected,

session 2 for schedule task.

so please advise, what they do are practical or not?

Thank you.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This question is still progressed offline

The problem has been solved

umer.nalla avatar image   umer.nalla pimchaya.wongrukun01

Hi Pimchaya,

Is the solution worth sharing - or was it very client-specific? I would be interested to know what was wrong...

Thanks.

@Mongkol.Poonlapmongkol

Do you know how the client solved this problem?

Hello @kongdach.n

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @kongdach.n

Multiple sessions refer to a connection will have separate connection instance created for each session by default. You can setup RFA8 connect to TREP server 2 session at a time. Normally, Use of multiple Session instances allows segmenting information, perhaps to separate different types of market information.

I understand that for schedule task, session 2 does not need to always connect to the server (just connect to the server according to the schedule). However, session 1 always connects to the server. Using multiple sessions allows the session 2 is not created or does not connect before the schedule time meanwhile the session 1 still connects. This will help you to reduce memory usage and resource used by the session 2.

Hope this help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your answer.
but, when my vendor start the session2 (session1 still connected) they got error "failed user authentication" (use same user, same port and same market information as session1) . However, if stop session1 the session2 can connected.

- I would like to know if the RFA8 (with same configuration) can feed same market data at a time ?, and TREP server allow same user connected 2session at the same time?

or you have any suggestion to check, please advise.

Thank you.

Hi @kongdach.n

I am guessing that session2 is running on a different Linux server than session1? Is that correct?

If so, they can ask the Market Data DACS admin team to increase the allowed number of mounts (connections) for that username. OR they can run session1 and session2 from the same Linux server if feasible.

HI,@Umer Nall, thank you for suggestion.

both session run on the same Linux server, and I increased the DACS user to 2 number of logon, so I'm not sure what wrong.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.