question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Where can I get the ISIN numbers from all stocks which have an ESG rating?

Hi,
I´m in searach for all stocks which got an ESG Rating from Refinitiv (or formerly Thomson Reuters/Asset4). Basically, I need the ISIN numbers of all of these stocks such that I can download both the respective ESG ratings and further data (like stock prices). Is there a way to get these ISIN numbers, for example via Datastream in the Eikon Excel add in?

datastream-apidsws-apiesgisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Mi.Fischer22,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @Mi.Fischer22,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Use the Screener in Eikon Excel, e.g.

=TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), TR.TRESGScore(Period=FY0)>=0, CURN=USD)","TR.CommonName;TR.TRESGScore(Period=FY0);TR.ISIN","RH=In CH=Fd")
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I am currently searching for the same thing. Where do I insert the link to get the data in excel?

=TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), TR.TRESGScore(Period=FY0)>=0, CURN=USD)","TR.CommonName;TR.TRESGScore(Period=FY0);TR.ISIN","RH=In CH=Fd")

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jonaslar88,

Do you have access to an Eikon installation?

If so, load 'Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Excel', make sure you are logged in/connected by selecting the Thomson Reuters tab

Once online, paste the above into a cell in your sheet. You should see a 'Retrieving...' message momentarily and then the data should appear across the 4 columns.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I have access to an Eikon installation. Thanks for your help! Is there a way to change the expression to only include companies with ESG rating during a time periode? E.g all stocks which got an ESG Rating from 2010 - 2018

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jonaslar88

I am not an Eikon expert but had a play with the Eikon SCREENER app and came up with the two following possibilities - the first uses a series in the filter and the 2nd does not:

=TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), ALL(ZAV(TR.TRESGScore(SDate=0,EDate=-7,Period=FY0,Frq=FY))>0), CURN=USD)","TR.CommonName;TR.TRESGScore(Period=FY0);TR.ISIN","curn=USD RH=In CH=Fd")

OR

=TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), TR.TRESGScore(SDate=2010-01-01,Period=FY0)>0, CURN=USD)","TR.CommonName;TR.TRESGScore(Period=FY0);TR.ISIN","curn=USD RH=In CH=Fd")

Do either of the above meet your requirement?

If not, I recommend you have a play with the SCREENER app yourself in Eikon - see this article for brief intro.

Failing that I would recommend you contact the helpdesk and raise an Eikon ticket to get further assistance.

Hi @jonaslar88

Another expression - this time returning scores for all eight years

=TR("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), ALL(ZAV(TR.TRESGScore(SDate=0,EDate=-7,Period=FY0,Frq=FY))>0), CURN=USD)","TR.CommonName;TR.TRESGScore(SDate=0,EDate=-7,Period=FY0,Frq=FY);TR.ISIN","curn=USD RH=In CH=Fd;CalcDa"&"te;rfperiod")

This was really helpful! Thanks a lot!

I found some more SCREENER training videos which you may find useful.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.