Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
56 3 4 4

install eikon

Hi there,

I have tried to install Eikon by command prompt.But not going well. Please see the attached and give me advise to solve.

thanks,

Jun Ishikawa

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apisetup
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks all, I have successfully installed.

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @junichi.ishikawa

When installing Python, it is recommended to check the "Add Python to PATH" option.

I am assuming that you did not check this option.

So PATH variable does not have Python location hence pip is not recognized.

There are several ways to overcome this issue:

- add python path to your PATH variable as @moragodkrit suggest in his answer

- uninstall python and install it again with "Add Python to PATH" checked (most convenient method if you can install the software by yourselves)

- run pip from within Python folder as this in picture

ahs0.png (53.9 KiB)
ahs.png (113.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

You can type error message 'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command into goggle to search result. Below is the related link. I think it is related to add path in cmd. Hope it can help.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23708898/pip-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@junichi.ishikawa

It's the problem from python installation on your windows.

It might be the problem when pip installation is not added to the system variable or the installation is incorrectly added in your PATH. You may use command echo %PATH% to check if you have python and pip installation path (e.g. c:\<Python Install path>\Scripts) in PATH list.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.