question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 1

Empty Field Value BID/ASK

Hi, iam using StarterConsumer_BatchView.

We set to View only BID,ASK,TRDPRC_1,HST_CLOSE,HSTCLSDATE,TRDVOL_1.

What i found is that some time i have a new Refresh where BID or ASK is empty.

Example

2019/08/30 16:55:54.638 TRACE <- Received MMT_MARKET_PRICE Update  
itemName    : 	OGZD.BA  
itemHandle  : 	171862208  
itemFrom    :	BatchItemList1  
FieldList : standard data count = 2
FieldEntry [    22] BID                 5.7410 
FieldEntry [    25] ASK                 

My question is: How should I interpret it? Like there is no Offert? For us that's will mean null or 0, so there will be no display to the client of that ASK or BID.

treprfarfa-apifields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @turconif

Looking at the extract above, this is for an Update - not a Refresh.

When you receive an Update type message it typically only contains fields that have changed since the previous data message.

So, if an Update message only contains BID value, then this means that only BID value has changed and the ASK value remains unchanged from its previous value.

When you receive a Refresh Message for an instrument that can have BID + ASK values - but there is no active BID or ASK offers at that point in time - then you should still receive those fields - albeit as blank fields i.e. with no value in the field.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

First of all thanks for the replay. With that we can say that in case there is no more BID for a RIC, the Update will be BID = 0? , if i recibe a empty value that means there is no change in BID for that Ric. Again Thanks for your reply!

Hi @turconif

If there is no BID or ASK value in the Refresh message, this means that there is no active BID or ASK offer on the market at that point in time

If there is no BID or ASK in an Update message, this means that value for that field has not changed since the previous value that you received.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

@turconif

The other thing I should mention is that, IF you are developing a new application then I would strongly recommend considering our newer strategic Elektron Message API which is part of the Elektron SDK - unless off course you have a strong reason for using RFA (e.g. you are developing in .NET).

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, i'm using .NET and this was the Api that they recommend me. We are currently Subscribing 2k of rics, updating in a SQL Server.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.