Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
56 3 4 4

Importing eikon module on Jupyter notebook

Hi

I have tried to import eikon module on Jupyter, but not going well and got an error message that there is no module named 'eikon'. Of course I have already installed eikon packages by pip on commando prompt. could anyone please tell me how to solve this problem.

Thanks,

install-eikon-by-pip.png

eikon-packages.png

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apijupyter-notebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
56 3 4 4

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response. IT guys at IG have solved a problem I am facing with. Thank you so much for all your advice and help !

Thanks, Jun Ishikawa

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @junichi.ishikawa

Could you please run the "pip list" command and give me the result? The "pip list" command will list all installed packages in your current environment.

Did you install eikon module in the same Python (or Conda) environment that Jupyter is installed?

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks Wasin,

There is no eikon module in pip list. What should I do? Is it necessary to install it again by an another method?

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

@junichi.ishikawa

Do you have multiple versions of Python in your environment? How did you set the Python's Scripts folder to the PATH environment variable?

Please run the following commands in your Command Prompt and give me the results

• pip -V
  • python -V
  • python -c "import sys; print(sys.path)"

pip.png (31.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Wasin,

IT guy isntall and set up python on my PC. I have run some command as you mentioned. Please see attached.

command-prompt.png

Thanks,

command-prompt.png (19.2 KiB)
Upvote
78.2k 246 52 72

You can try to run "pip install eikon" under Jupyter to install eikon module.

pip.png (87.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @junichi.ishikawa-san,

Can you try the following command in sequence please?

pip install eikon
pip show eikon
python
import eikon as ek
print(ek.__version__)

Please see this screenshot.

ahs.png (127.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @junichi.ishikawa

It seems you have two versions of Python installed in your machine

1. The official Python 3.7.4
  2. The Anaconda Python distributor

Which Python that you have run Jupyter and encounters the problem? Could you please give me the following screenshots? Did you run commands in Anaconda Prompt?

1. A screenshot that shows how you run jupyter notebook command
  2. A screenshot that shows how you import Eikon module and error messages

Additionally, I highly suggest you read and try the Setting up a Python development environment page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.