Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 1 3

lack of historical data through python API compared to EIKON

Hi guys,

Can you tell me why I am not able to retrive data on the belowed index prior to 2012 using the python API? I seem to be able to find charts, and data using the EIKON app - but fail to do so using the below call

Index: .dMIWO00000NEU

Call: ek.get_data([".dMIWO00000NEU"], fields=['TR.PRICECLOSE','TR.PRICECLOSE.date','TR.PRICECLOSE.calcdate'],parameters={'SDate':'2005-12-31','EDate':yesterday,'Frq':'m'})

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiindexindices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @me39

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @me39

The database which contains "TR.PRICECLOSE" may not have data back to 2005 as in your request.

Please use this code which has data back to 2001.

df = ek.get_timeseries(".dMIWO00000NEU", start_date="2000-01-01", end_date = "2019-09-30", interval="monthly",fields="CLOSE")
df

ahs.png (22.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @me39

In addition to @chavalit.jintamalit answer you may still use your function but you need to replace TR.PRICECLOSE to TR.CLOSEPRICE. That field should be used for indices.

df, err = ek.get_data([".dMIWO00000NEU"], fields=['TR.CLOSEPRICE','TR.CLOSEPRICE.date','TR.CLOSEPRICE.calcdate'],parameters={'SDate':'2005-12-31','EDate':'0D','Frq':'m'}) 
df

ahs.jpg (96.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.