Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 1 3

Decoding DSPLY_NMLL to the Finnish language

Hi!

I used the python API to retrieve the names of certain finnish stocks in the finnish language. Heres an example:

names, err = ek.get_data("AHM1.HE", "DSPLY_NMLL")

This returns the name as some kind of string of numbers:

"000773823/d"

How can I convert that into that into letters?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
644 4 7 8

OK, I think the issue here is that Eikon doens't support the Finnish language in the product/data fields (only in news wires). unlike for example Russian, Chinese etc,, where the local language name would in fact appear in the field DSPL_NMLL ...

See below for GAZPROM. I am not sure there is a way to convert the numbers directly from DAPI to Finnish; this would likely requre a Python module (if one exists).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi

I am not sure how did you get the response.

Because when I check the AHM1.HE on DSPLY_NMLL, the field is blank.

However, if the field is not blank, such as 0005.HK for Hong Kong Bank.

I can get the data successfully in local language.

ahs.png (65.7 KiB)
ahs2.png (39.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
3.8k 4 4 6

The FID #1352 / DSPLY_NMLL does not have universal meaning across all exchanges. Where for the Asian markets it could be a local name, then for AHM1.HE which is Nasdaq Nordic & Baltic feeds it displays the Trade ID.

Currently I do not see any real time FID or a reference field that would deliver a local name in finnish language for finnish stocks.

ahs.jpg (166.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.