question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 1 4

Transforming some existing Excel data pulls to .NET

Hi, I have an excel spreadsheet which successfully fetches certain data from Eikon. I would like to convert all of the functionality from the sheet to a .NET application.

I am using ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed and basic functions work (CF_NAME), but some more specialized functions don't and I'm not sure how to convert them to work with .NET. My initial assumption was that the Excel fields were directly usable with the .NET API.

A simple example that works:

In excel (works):

=TR("GOOG.O","CF_NAME")
=TR("GOOG.O","PCTCHNG")

In .NET (works, RawValue is not null):

DataServices.Instance.Realtime.Request("GOOG.O", "CF_NAME", DataReceived, ErrorReceived);
DataServices.Instance.Realtime.Request("GOOG.O", "PCTCHNG", DataReceived, ErrorReceived);

However, there are some that work in Excel that I don't think I have a good idea how to adapt them for .NET

In excel (works):

=TR("GOOG.O","TR.PricePctChg5D")
=TR("GOOG.O","TR.SIShortInterest")
=TR("GOOG.O","TR.PriceToBVPerShare(SDate=0D)")
=TR("GOOG.O","PERCENT_CHG(TR.ShortInterestPct(SDate=0D),lag=-3AW)")

In .NET (does not work, RawValue is null)

DataServices.Instance.Realtime.Request("GOOG.O", "TR.PricePctChg5D", DataReceived, ErrorReceived);
DataServices.Instance.Realtime.Request("GOOG.O", "TR.SIShortInterest", DataReceived, ErrorReceived);
DataServices.Instance.Realtime.Request("GOOG.O", "TR.PriceToBVPerShare(SDate=0D)", DataReceived, ErrorReceived);
DataServices.Instance.Realtime.Request("GOOG.O", "PERCENT_CHG(TR.ShortInterestPct(SDate=0D),lag=-3AW)", DataReceived, ErrorReceived);

I feel like I'm missing something simple, but I'm not sure what the next steps are here..

Thank you

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This question has been moved to Eikon Com API forum.

Hello @vsarpe

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@vsarpe

ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed can be used to retrieve real-time data. It can retrieve CF_NAME and PCTCHNG fields because those fields are real-time fields.

However, it is unable to retrieve TR.xxx fields. The library that can retrieve TR.xxx fields is DEX2 in COM APIs for use in custom applications. The example (Dex2 Sample) is available at Fundamental and Reference Data example.

However, please refer to this thread if you would like to use ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed and Eikon COM within the same application.

dex2.png (88.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your response, both APIs are working well side by side.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.