question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 3 3 8

ZFS Screening result contains an additional field as "nameTransposition".

After re-activating ZFS Pilot environment, ZFS Screening result contains an additional field as "nameTransposition". Earlier this field was not coming in the screening response. As per specification also, response doesn't have this field. Because of this new field I am unable to parse the screening response in my application. Do I need to update the screening response structure in my application?

world-checkworld-check-oneworld-check-one-zf
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@nisar.c,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.5k 4 8 8

@nisar.c,

That is not a recommended approach. You should develop your application in such way that addition of any field does not break your application.

If you are filtering the data and displaying the response in your own application, then the additional field should not matter. If you are displaying the entire data, then the additional field should be accomodated accordingly.

Either way, the application should not break just because there is an additional field added in the JSON response.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.5k 4 8 8

@nisar.c,

Thank you for your query.

Please note, you will have to code your application in such a way that if any new field is added in the response body of the API call, then it does not break your application. New fields may be added without prior notice.

Hope this clarifies your concern.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 3 3 8

Many Thanks for the Reply!

"New fields may be added without prior notice." If this is the case, my application will not be synced with the Refinitiv and all screening request / response will fail on parsing.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.